This is like an “intro to managing or running a business” course. Suitable for new (or up and coming) business owners/managers AND people who’ve run/managed things for a while – but never had training in these areas. Sessions are designed for you to walk away with helpful/actionable information about how to run/manage a team or business with more know-how.
VIRTUAL & RECORDED: All sessions are via zoom/virtual – open to attendees from any location. Group size is small and personal for this – you’ll be able to have conversation and Q/A with presenters and other attendees in every session. Every session will be recorded and available for watching later, in case you have to miss sessions for any reason.
WHO IS THIS FOR: Cheese (or any farmer/food production) business managers/owners. Though we have many speakers from Vermont – presenters will share info applicable to folks outside of the state.
DATES/TIMES: The course occurs on Mondays and Wednesdays 12-1:30PM EST over 7 weeks, May 8-June 21.
CONFIRMED TOPICS & SPEAKERS (click here for full catalog with descriptions)
- Recruiting, Onboarding, and Culture with Carla C. Wuthrich of Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center
- Managing Your Team with Carla C. Wuthrich of Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center
- Understanding Financial Statements with Mark Cannella of University of Vermont Extension
- Strategic Planning with Rose Wilson of Rose Wilson Consulting
- Creating Brand Awareness with Steve Crafts and Michael Adams of Place Creative Company
- Sales and Marketing Basics with Marty Mundy of Vermont Cheese Council
- Project Management with Phil Chadderdon and Louis Prue of Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center
- Work-Life Balance in Agriculture and Cheese Making with Karen Crowley and Leanne Porter of Farm First
- Managing and Calculating Margins through a Specialty Supply Chain with Zoe Brickley of Jasper Hill Farm
- Applying for (and Implementing) Grants and Other Funding Resources with Mariah Noth of Vermont Farm & Forest Viability and Laura Ginsburg of Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets
- Healthcare Options for Producers with Alicia Roderigue of Vermont Legal Aid’s Office of the Health Care Advocate
- Capstone: Defining Your Vision with Claire Natola and Marty Mundy of Vermont Cheese Council
PRICING $100 for the full 12 sessions. You can get a 20% discount if you are a member of OR on the mailing list of any of the marketing partners below. If you missed it – just reach out to that organization of which you are a member.
In partnership with Cabot Creamery, Organic Valley, and Community National Bank, we’re offering 6 scholarships to VCC’s Business Miniversity to farmers and food producers from the BIPOC community. Acceptance is first come, first serve.
Thank you to our Marketing Partners!
Registration discounts are available to members of/subscribers to our Marketing Partners listed above; please keep an eye on your e-mailbox for details!
- American Cheese Society
- California Artisan Cheese Guild
- Cheese Market News
- Cheese Reporter
- Culture Magazine
- Dairy Connection
- DigIn VT of the Vermont Fresh Network
- Maine Cheese Guild
- Massachusetts Cheese Guild
- Oregon Cheese Guild
- Vermont Housing & Conservation Board‘s Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program
- Vermont Legal Aid‘s Office of the Healthcare Advocate
- Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center
- Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund‘s Vermont Farm to Plate
- Washington State Cheesemakers Association
If your organization would like to be a Marketing Partner, please reach out to claire(at)vtcheese.com.