This event is focused on connecting cheese wholesale buyers and food professionals to Vermont cheesemakers through a series of organized site visits, educational programs, and sampling sessions designed to provide time for one-on-one conversations and interactions with cheese producers here in Vermont.
Saturday August 13
- An organized day of tours hosted across Vermont by individual cheesemaking creameries and farms – so that buyers and industry professionals can see and experience these unique spaces first-hand.
Sunday August 14
A day at Shelburne Farms (Shelburne, Vermont) featuring cheese tastings and conversations with Vermont cheese producers as well as educational sessions with experts and cheesemakers about cheesemaking, what makes Vermont cheese unique, and the life and efforts of cheesemakers in Vermont – all curated just for our attendees!
- 8:45 AM — Arrival and Coffee
- 9:15 AM — Welcome
- 9:30 AM — Educational Session: Matt Benham
- 10:30 AM — Educational Session: Cheesemaker Panel on Sustainability Practices
- 11:15 AM-1:15 PM — Sampling Tent Open for Tastings & Conversation with Cheese Producers
- 11:15 AM-1:15 PM — Food truck(s) open for lunch
- 1:15 PM — Educational Session: Dr. Paul Kindstedt
- 2:00 PM — Closing Remarks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Cheese buyers and sellers from specialty food and cheese retail shops, coops, groceries, food hubs, and other cheese selling locations
- Chefs and staff from restaurants and prepared food businesses
- Cheese and food media, influencers, and freelance writers
$75 per person for the whole weekend
- Event press release
Media Contact: Marty Mundy — Executive Director, Vermont Cheese Council. email@example.com
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATIONS?
See what’s available from our friends at the New England Inns & Resorts Association.